Upgrading a 5.1-RELEASE-p10 system...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Oct 19 14:47:16 PDT 2004

Alex de Kruijff said the following on 10/19/2004 5:38 PM:

>The anwser to this question is to long for me to write and its written
>down in the handbook. Please follow the instuctions in this chapter.
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

Danke, Alex--since I'm not seeing anything unusual in there (though I
have to check UPDATING as well), I'm gathering this wasn't the upgrade
with the concerns my compadres have had. :)

>FreeBSD-5 isn't stable jet although the tag exist. 5.3 is more stable
>than 5.2.1 and this runs fine on my box.

*nod* I'm in a planning stage here, not a doing stage yet.. :)

Thanks again!
Best,
Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759