how to reinstall a port after a "make install clean"?

Andy Firman andy at firman.us
Tue Oct 19 09:04:48 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 10:44:59AM -0500, terry tyson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:25:39 -0800, Andy Firman <andy at firman.us> wrote:
> >
> > I need to rebuild the exim-mysql port with ldap lookups
> > and am having trouble since I did a make install clean.
> snip
>
> I don't know if this will solve your specific problem but doing a
> "make deinstall" has cleared up some issues for me when trying to
> reinstall.

Thanks but...when I first installed exim-mysql I did "make install clean".
Per the handbook....quote:
"The make deinstall and make reinstall sequence does not work once
you have run make clean. If you want to deinstall a
port after cleaning, use pkg_delete(1)"

So I used pkg_delete.  Now I can't build exim-mysql with other options.

Again this is my command I run in /usr/ports/mail/exim-mysql, after I do the pkg_delete.

# make -DWITH_OPENLDAP=yes -DWITH_OPENSSL_BASE -DWITH_LDAP_LIB_TYPE=OPENLDAP22 \
-DWITH_LOOKUP_LDAP=yes install clean

Running exim -bV give me this:
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb dsearch mysql nis nis0 passwd
and I also get errors in the log file when Exim tries an ldap lookup.

It is not building Exim with those options.....Am I missing a step?

After pkg_delete, do I need to do some other sort of cleaning?

Andy