5.3-STABLE ????

Vonleigh Simmons nospam at illusionart.com
Mon Oct 18 19:17:43 PDT 2004

> The relationship between the most commonly used CVS tags and OS
> versions is like this at the moment:
snip...
>     RELENG_5_2    5.2.1-RELEASE-p11
>     RELENG_5_3    5.3-RC1             (not official yet)

	Sorry to hijack the thread. My box is running 5.2, and I'd like to
upgrade it to 5.2.1. Problem is that the server is in a colo so I only
have SSH access to it; because of this I can't drop into single user
mode.

	So far I grabbed the stable sup file, changed it to RELENG_5_2. After
that I ran
# make -j4 buildworld
# make -j4 buildkernel

	But I'm not sure how to continue since I don't have single user mode.
Anyone have any pointers, as the handbook doesn't say what to do in
this case.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>