Two Questions ( atapicam related and scheduler related)

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Oct 18 14:21:39 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-18 16:21, Thomas Moyer <tmm324 at psu.edu> wrote:
> I been following the progress of the 5.3 release and I thought they were
> changing the shceduler from SCHED_4BSD to SCHED_ULE?  Also I recently
> acquired a DVD+-RW and was wondering if I should stick with using burncd
> and growisfs with the standard /dev/acd0 or should I switch to using
> atapicam?  Is there any sort of a performance gain?  What are the
> advantages and disadvantages of both?

FYI,

Using burncd has been broken for me in -CURRENT since early June.  The
process reaches the stage of fixating, but then my kernel panics with a
message for `illegal phase'.

I didn't really *need* to write CD-ROMs until today, and I finally tried
atapicam with cdrecord.  It works like a charm here.