topposting (was: colourization in ls command)

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Mon Oct 18 06:11:51 PDT 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 8:11 AM, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2004, at 2:00 AM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 13 October 2004 at  8:20:19 -0400, Bart Silverstrim
>> wrote:

>>> :-)  Exactly!
>>
>> No, you're missing the point.  IIRC (and I'm not going to check),
>> you've again removed relevant content.  Please don't bother to reply
>> if you don't want to tell people what you're talking about.
>
> That WAS the point.  I said "it gets to the point where I solve it by
> doing this..." right at the very top of this...it's still quoted.
>
> It  is a tongue and cheek way of saying I erase all that originally
> unthreaded topposted crap and just say, "What did you want?" back to
> the sender of the email.  They can send me a message stating
> specifically what they want so I don't need to waste my time
> stuttering through a stream of five messages to figure out what the
> heck they wanted.  My alternative is to just not reply at all.
>
> Just like the first line said.
>
> I thought most people would get the joke from the thread subject being
> "topposting" :-)

Bad form to reply to myself, but I wanted to clarify that I was
clarifying, not trying to sound snippy.

I'm sorry if anyone interprets the message as such (I just reread it
after it appeared in the mailing list and realized how snotty it
sounded...wow, need more caffeine :-)

Have a good day everyone!

-Bart