topposting (was: colourization in ls command)

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Mon Oct 18 05:11:54 PDT 2004

On Oct 16, 2004, at 2:00 AM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> On Wednesday, 13 October 2004 at  8:20:19 -0400, Bart Silverstrim
> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 12, 2004, at 6:44 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>>> I don't see a problem.  What are you talking about?
>>
>> :-)  Exactly!
>
> No, you're missing the point.  IIRC (and I'm not going to check),
> you've again removed relevant content.  Please don't bother to reply
> if you don't want to tell people what you're talking about.

That WAS the point.  I said "it gets to the point where I solve it by
doing this..." right at the very top of this...it's still quoted.

It  is a tongue and cheek way of saying I erase all that originally
unthreaded topposted crap and just say, "What did you want?" back to
the sender of the email.  They can send me a message stating
specifically what they want so I don't need to waste my time stuttering
through a stream of five messages to figure out what the heck they
wanted.  My alternative is to just not reply at all.

Just like the first line said.

I thought most people would get the joke from the thread subject being
"topposting" :-)