block certian MAC address ?

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 18:28:17 PDT 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:11:15 -0700 (PDT), faisal gillani
<fasi_74 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How can i activate the default firewall  that comes
> with FreeBSD .. is there
> any ?
> also i wana know how to block certian MAC address with
> it ..
>
> thanks

You may want to start by reading FreeBSD's wonderful handbook.
Especially http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls.html
that page.  This book addresses ipfw, one of the built-in firewalls in
freebsd.  There is also pf included in FreeBSD 5.3.  But regardless,
ipfw is a very easy-to-setup firewall for most applications.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.