Named configuration question

DanGer danger at wilbury.sk
Sat Oct 16 02:49:25 PDT 2004

Hello Albert,

Saturday, October 16, 2004, 11:22:49 AM, you wrote:

> Hi all,

>  I've got a freebsd dedicated server in germany. My web page is only
> accessible by www.mydomain.com. Now, I wanna create subdomains by
> country, for instance, france.mydomain.com, spain.mydomain.com, ....

I have no experiencies with named or any other name-servers, but I
think you are right.

> I think I have to set-up the named and create virtual-hosts in my
> apache. However, my server has the named and bind already installed,
> but no /etc/namedb folder exists. I've tried to create it and its
> files, but the named does not work.

If you are using 5.3-beta7 the named is in the chroot by default now.
The chroot directory is located in /var/named, so the config files you
can found there.

> I didn't found any web that explains the whole process clearly.

I think, this could help you.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bind9.html

--
Best regards