port problem in AMD 64

ann kok annkok2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 08:32:44 PDT 2004

Hi David

Thank you for your mail

1/ I succeed to install cvsup-without-gui by port
but failed to run it!
"/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.3" not
found"

2/ I tried to install package, but can't get this
cvsup package!

ann# cd cvsup-without-gui/
ann# make install clean
===>  Vulnerability check disabled
>> cvsup-without-gui.amd64.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to
exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/obrien/.
Receiving cvsup-without-gui.amd64.tar.bz2 (335735
bytes): 100%
335735 bytes transferred in 0.8 seconds (424.93 kBps)
===>  Extracting for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h
>> Checksum OK for cvsup-without-gui.amd64.tar.bz2.
===>  Patching for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h
===>  Configuring for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h
===>  Installing for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if net/cvsup-without-gui already
installed
install  -s -o root -g wheel -m 555
/usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui/work/cvsup-without-gui.amd64
/usr/local/bin/cvsup
cd /usr/local ;  /usr/sbin/chown root:wheel bin/cvsup
sbin/cvsupd bin/cvpasswd ;  /bin/chmod 555 bin/cvsup
sbin/cvsupd bin/cvpasswd
===>   Registering installation for
cvsup-without-gui-16.1h
===> SECURITY REPORT:
      This port has installed the following files
which may act as network
      servers and may therefore pose a remote security
risk to the system.
/usr/local/bin/cvsup

      If there are vulnerabilities in these programs
there may be a security
      risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee
about the security of
      ports included in the Ports Collection. Please
type 'make deinstall'
      to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

      For more information, and contact details about
the security
      status of this software, see the following
webpage:
http://www.cvsup.org/
===>  Cleaning for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h

ann# /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

--- David Syphers <dsyphers at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 September 2004 07:18 pm, ann kok
> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I can't install cvsup-without-gui and said it
> > doesn't support amd64
> >
> > How can I upgrade the /usr/ports without cvsup?
>
> First of all, you posted this question earlier
> today. Do not send multiple
> copies of the same message to the list, certainly
> not within a few hours of
> each other.
>
> Secondly, cvsup will currently build on AMD64
> because it was fixed for this
> platform a couple months ago. You apparently have an
> older ports collection
> than this. You then have two options: 1. install
> cvsup as a package rather
> than a port, 2. download the tarball with the entire
> ports collection

(ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/ports.tar.gz),