Make Error? What is wrong?

Lynette Tillner ltillner at avs-1.com
Thu Oct 14 10:43:41 PDT 2004

On my Web Server, which I have a Virtual Private Server account on a machine at an ISP with 2 gig of disk space running on FreeBSD 4.8

I used to cvsup to add a FEW ports  security and mail most importantly so I can add some spam and virus filtering to Sendmail.

Now when I cd (as su) to /usr/ports/security/clamav
and then type make install at the prompt,
I get the following error:

[root at xxxxx clamav]# make install
make: don't know how to make install. Stop

I can't seem to run any make command in any directory.  What do I need to do to get this to work?

when I enter make with nothing else, I get:
[root at xxxxx  clamav]# make
make: no target to make.

What do I need to do to get this working?  (I'm a newbie BTW so any actual step by step instructions would help!)
Thanks!
Lynette