automount vs Solaris

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 14 09:58:28 PDT 2004

* Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> [041014 08:55] wrote:
> Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> writes:
>
> > On the other hand, there is this:
> >
> >     http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-September/036786.html
> >
> >     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1001154+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/cvs-all/20040905.cvs-all
> >
> > so there will be autofs support in 5.3-RELEASE.
>
> That's on 6.x, not 5.x; is there any reason to think it will get
> MFC'd?  [At all; I'd be surprised if release engineering okayed
> it for 5.3.]

I'll probably immediately MFC it after the release.

Since it works on 4.x I might even bring it back there.

The main issue is that no one has stepped forward to write
the glue between my autofs and amd(8).  I'm too busy right now.

You can have fun with /usr/share/examples/autofs/autodriver
if you want to expiriment or try your own.

--
- Alfred Perlstein
- Research Engineering Development Inc.