Can't Install FreeBSD 5.x into IBM Machine with 2 XEON CPUs and IBM ServerRAID BIOS 5.11...

Mike Schuette mikes at mscweb.com
Wed Oct 13 11:51:09 PDT 2004

(My first post to this list, so no whining if I
top/bottom/whatever-posted incorrectly.)

I know that at least with floppy disks such as memtest, if the boot
sector is corrupt, you will get lots of hex codes spat onto your screen,
as this is the BIOS's only method of reporting errors. Perhaps try a
different CD, or making boot floppies & installing over the network.

Mike Schuette
Micro Systems Consulting
Minocqua, WI 54548