Email redirects

Jonathan T. Sage sagejona at theatre.msu.edu
Tue Oct 12 11:25:58 PDT 2004

Sandy Keathley wrote:
> I need to accept an email to a specific address, then forward it to
> several several external addresses.  virtusertable will do that for a
> single recipient.  Is there a way to do that for multiple recipients?
>
> 				Thanks,
>
> 				Sandy Keathley

if you are using a 'real' username to accept the mail, you can use the
.forward file... (goes in the home dir of the user)

The .forward file is usually one line long and contains nothing but the
address to forward to. Multiple addresses are separated by commas.

Example 1: Forward my mail to myaddress at somewhere.else.edu:

myaddress at somewhere.else.edu

Example 2: Same, and also keep a copy here in my own account xyz999:

\xyz999, myaddress at somewhere.else.edu

In both examples, the file is one line long ending with a RETURN. In the
second example, the backslash \ tells the mail system not read the
.forward again.

--
Jonathan T. Sage
Theatrical Lighting / Set Designer

"He said he likes me, but he's not in-like with me."- Connie, King of
the Hill

[HTTP://www.JTSage.com]
[HTTP://design.JTSage.com]
[sagejona at msu.edu]