FreeBSD Developer

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Oct 11 10:12:02 PDT 2004

unixshell at gmail.com wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm going to develop software for the FreeBSD project.
>
>How do I get listed on the official FreeBSD page as developer and is it possible
>to get a mail alias like me at freebsd.org?
>
>Thanks,
>Manuel

Well, you become one.  See the "Developer's Handbook",
at the website, for a few clues.

Also, it might be in the FAQ.  It is something of a FAQ.  I think
the canonical reply *might* be:  "submit PR's with patches that
fix bugs and implement desired features, coded in the Right
Way(tm), and sooner or later someone will notice.  Then you will
be eternally punished with the desired "commit bit" and the
you@ address ...."

Kevin Kinsey

<PS> Your ?? was not mail-related; I have removed "postmaster"
from the recipient list, as they are most likely concerned with
other issues.  Good luck in your quest ....