FreeBSD Release Question

Sheets, Jason (OZ CEEDR) jason.sheets at hp.com
Mon Oct 11 09:41:50 PDT 2004

While TM4525's points are valid even FreeBSD 5.2.1 is pretty stable
(insert sual disclaimer about using non -stable version here) and I use
it over 4 in many circumstances.

FreeBSD 5 will rapidly become the standard and if you are targeting your
application for introduction in late 2005 at a minimum I would plan on
shipping it with FreeBSD 5 so considering the changes in FreeBSD 5 in
your design/programming stage would be very valuable.

I have been testing FreeBSD 5 since 5 was first released and more than
likely will be rolling most my boxes to 5.3 a few weeks after it is
released.

Of course you should evaluate both 4 and 5 to see if they meet your
needs in a test environment.

IMHO FreeBSD 5.3 is far beyond the hopes of others and is poised to be
quite good especially by your release time.

, Jason