How to make the boot menu just like I want?

Frederick frederickp at synology.com
Mon Oct 11 03:33:59 PDT 2004

Dear FreeBSD Team:
This is Frederick. Is there any table to list the partition number(subtype) or sysid?
I have two hard disks. The first one install windows, and the second one install freebsd.
I first install windows, then install freebsd. I use boot manager to manage my boot.

The menu shows:
F1: DOS
F5: Drive 1

I want the menu to show like:
F1: Windows
F5 Drive 1

I did something. I changed the subtype in the fdisk, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14...
but I can't make my menu just like I want.

So please help me to find the partition number(subtype), or tell me how to do that
to make the change.

Please reply me to the following mail address:
frederickpon at hotmail.com

Thanks for your help!

Frederick.