NIS issue

William Bierman wbierman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 15:55:10 PDT 2004

Hello.  I have searched the archives for this, to no avail.

I am attempting to setup an NIS domain.  I have followed the steps in
the handbook, and have succesfully setup my master and clients (I have
no slave server, as this is a small domain).  The relevant information
is propogated correctly to all slave servers, with the exception of
master.passwd.  This contains very old information.

I do have *:::::::: in my /etc/master.passwd file on each client machine.
/var/yp/master.passwd is chmod 600 on the master machine

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,

Bill