latex2html problems (fwd)

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 10 03:34:42 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-10 03:39, Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx> wrote:
> I have a Phedora Core 2 system where latex2html works fine.  It uses
> netpbm-9.24 not netpbm-10.24 as FreeBSD does.
>
> So... forced FreeBSD to uninstall netpbm-10.24, and then downloaded
> and compiled netpbm-9.24.
>
> It is a little tricky because netpbm does not supports FreeBSD, so I
> took "openbsd" option and changed the Makefile.config to fulfill
> FreeBSD requirements.
>
> Once it was installed, latex2html worked fine.
>
> Now, I do not know what to think.  Either, latex2html is trying to use
> options that do not work with netpbm-10.24, or netpbm-10.24 does not
> work properly.
>
> I think this deserves a report.

Please, do file a report for netpbm-10.24 using the send-pr(1) utility.

Make sure you put "ports" (without the quotes) in the "Category:" field
of your report and write a short description of the bug in the
"Synopsis:" field.

Add any other details you consider significant, such as versions of the
TeX and latex2html ports you used, any options you used when installing
the ports, a minimal sample LaTeX document that can be used to see if
the latex2html conversion works, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to check the older versions of netpbm :-)

- Giorgos