How to update perl on FreeBSD 4.9R

Danny nocmonkey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:40:14 PDT 2004

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:28:59 -0500, Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu> wrote:
> --On Friday, October 08, 2004 02:22:13 PM -0400 Danny <nocmonkey at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > How to update perl on FreeBSD 4.9R?
> >
> Define update.  Do you mean use the ports version instead of the src
> version?  Do you mean update the ports version?  Update the src version?

Whatever is easiest; I do not feel like rebuilding the src, but I
don't know if I need to.

I am trying to install a perl CPAN module:

mx1# perl Makefile.PL
Perl 5.006 required--this is only version 5.00503, stopped at
Makefile.PL line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 3.
mx1#

All I know is that I need to update to a newer version.

> It might be helpful if you described what you're trying to accomplish.

To update to a newer version of Perl, so that I can install this
date:calc CPAN module.

Thank you,

...D