acurtis at ieee.org
Fri Oct 8 06:52:20 PDT 2004
On Oct 6, 2004, at 3:32 PM, Glenn Sieb wrote:
> Alan Curtis said the following on 10/6/2004 3:14 PM:
>> I installed php4-mysql. Is there more I have to do? <?php phpinfo();
>> ?> does not indicate any mysql stuff and phpwiki still does not work.
>> There is probably some option I have to set when compiling php?
> Did you restart Apache?
I successfully installed the phpwiki port with mysql support. This is
what I did.
1. installed the port from /usr/ports/www/phpwiki
2. copied /usr/local/www/data-dist/phpwiki to my html data directory
3. installed mysql server and client ports
4. installed php4-mysql port
5. used the instructions at /usr/local/share/doc/phpwiki/ and
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/06/05/wiki.html to configure
6. edited phpwiki/index.php to activate the mysql stuff
7. followed the instructions at
foreach ($_REQUEST as $k => $v) $$k = $v;
if (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])) $QUERY_STRING =
if (isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'])) $PHP_AUTH_USER =
if (isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'])) $PHP_AUTH_PW =
to the top of index.php and admin.php.
8. restarted Apache
and it (finally) seems to work.
A bit longer and more involved than advertised, but an interesting
Thanks for all the advice
More information about the freebsd-questions