nmap'ing myself

Chris Howells howells at kde.org
Thu Oct 7 15:22:57 PDT 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 21:56, Norm Vilmer wrote:
> Sorry about the ambiguity, i was referring to loosening my firewall rules
> and other settings to allow nmap to work properly. If it "should" work,

No. Why would you want to deliberately make it easy to make a port scan work?

If you're a script kiddie, and randomly port scanning boxes, and one comes up
with loads of wide open ports, and a few comes up with either closed or
"stealth" ports, which one do you think you're going to try and attack?

> then I have things either misconfigured or tightened down too much.

Tighten down too much? What is that?

Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris at chrishowells.co.uk, howells at kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt/C++/PHP Developer: http://www.kde.org