disk geometry confussion

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Oct 7 11:31:00 PDT 2004

piotr.smyrak at heron.pl wrote:
> Please enlighten me. What way I should follow?

First, make sure you've updated your machine to the most recent BIOS.  Next,
check the BIOS config about your disk drives, and if there exists an option to
allow you to choose LBA mode rather than C/H/S, use LBA mode.

NeXT, try using MS-DOS fdisk to create a small DOS partition.  The re-run the
FreeBSD installation, which now ought to see the partition table as your
system wants it.  Don't try to re-enter the partition table info yourself
unless you know exactly what you are doing.

If this doesn't work, provide more details (which version of FreeBSD, what you
computer hardware is, and what your partition table looks like).

--
-Chuck