What version of FBSD does Yahoo run?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Oct 7 07:25:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:16:49PM +0100, Walker, Michael wrote:

> [...]

Not so good -- as we've been discussing in this thread, 5.2.1 was
clearly marked as a development release for early adopters, and it was
a work in progress for which significant optimization had not yet been
performed.  That has changed, and 5.3 now performs a lot better than
4.x under many workloads (particularly network-related).

Kris