What version of FBSD does Yahoo run?

TM4525 at aol.com TM4525 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 06:55:42 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/6/04 6:47:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kris at obsecurity.org writes:
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:42:24PM -0400, Bigelow, Andrea L. wrote:
> Where's the documentation? I'd like to see this for myself.

There is none, because Mr./Ms. TM4525 is making up his/her "facts" to
suit their assertion.  The last time this claim was made it was
refuted and TM4525 promised to go away and check 5.3 performance.

Kris
----------------------------------

Actually, Kris, it wasn't "refuted", you said that the exceptionally poor
performance was "expected" until 5.3 was released, and implied that
anyone who expected good performance was making a fool of themselves.

Search google groups for "freebsd 5.2 performance woes" and sort by date
to see my test details and subsequent comments by Kris and the other
FreeBSD Spin Doctors.

My tests are very controlled, and my "assertion" is a result of exceptionally
poor performance in the test. And no-one "refuted" my results. More
like jockeying to save face.

Nor did I "promise to go away". I promised to test 5.3 and post
the results.

TM