Tape xfers topping out at 10K per transaction?

Kevin A. Pieckiel pieckiel+freebsd-questions at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Oct 6 19:51:43 PDT 2004

I've got an Exabyte M2 connected to my system.  I'm running version 5.2.1
and have seen this drive do 64K transfers with "systat -vm" before
(although that was under version 4.9).  I can't for the life of me find
out why I'm only getting 10K per transaction while I'm reading from my
tape now.  At the rate it's going, it will take over 10 hours to read
through the entire thing.  I know the tape drive is capable of reading
an entire tape in about three hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin