Planning a Upgrade (5.2.1 --> 5.3)

Walker, Michael Michael.Walker2 at capita.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 03:30:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

When 5.3 is released, I am planning to upgrade from 5.2.1.
I have searched google groups and found conflicting answers so I figured I
would ask here.
I have backed up my /etc/passwd /etc/master.passwd and /etc/group.
My /usr/home is mounted on a separate drive the the rest of the system so I
should have no need to back up files. (If users wish to they can)
What I want to know, is do I simply copy over the relevant files listed
above, on the fresh install,  with my backups, or is there some special
process I have to use to restore the user database on the newly installed
system?
If there is a set process, could someone please give me a link to it
(handbook? (I couldn't find it)).

Thanks in advance

Mick Walker
NAAFI Finance International

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be subject to legal privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the original e-mail from your system.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. Recipients should check this e-mail for the presence of viruses. The Capita Group and its subsidiaries accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.