MISSING lib object

oscar wicks oskr690 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 20:43:02 PDT 2004

hello all:

my system complaints about run samba deamon and ...

First install from cdrom release (4.10) and recive complaint:

printserver# smbd
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkrb5.so.20" not found, required
by "smbd"

Next, i update all sources to stable using cvsup (stable-supfile from
system's examples) an  rebuild world.. everything was excelent and almost
trivial,very easy, but i  can't get this object in  my  system.

this is my uname printout:

printserver# uname -a
FreeBSD printserver.la.red 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Tue Oct  5
13:04:10 PDT 2004     root at printserver.la.red:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

and is  same system complaint...searching at  /usr/local/lib thereis not any
libkrb5.so.20 file.

what am  doing  wrong? searching whole system for a  missplaced library
result that not  found libkrb5.so.20 not  in my  box.

how  can i  fix  or configure this?
any pointer for  further reading (study/learning)?

thanks for your time.

oscar wicks