reverse ssh

Micah Bushouse bushous2 at msu.edu
Tue Oct 5 10:30:50 PDT 2004

Quick Question~

I have a BSD box (home) sitting on an apartment complex network
(dhcp/nat/firewall) that I don't control. I also have a BSD box (work)
with a static IP sitting on my university's network.

Is there a way to open a ssh/other connection before I leave for work in
the morning (from the home box to the work box), then travel to the
university, sit at my desk and use this connection to get a terminal on
my home machine? Is there any software out there that addresses this?
Ideally it would involve ssh.

Thanks in advance for any responses,
~Micah