nfs server not responding / is alive again

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Oct 5 07:32:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Alex de Kruijff wrote:

> I think you're problem is not that you disk is used havely but that
> you're NIC (rsync kinda does that) is. The warnings you get indicate
> that you're computer can't get a responce from you're server. It acts
> normaly as soon as it can.

Except, the nfs mount is from the local host to the local host ...

> Why do you have rsync sync mounted nfs disks?

I want to get at the unlying file system ... I have a real file system
mounted as /vm, which /vm mounted as /du via nfs ... over top of /vm, I
have several unionfs's mounted ... if I did a du of '/vm/dir', where dir
is a union mount, I'd see all files on both "layers" ... if I do a du of
'/du/dir', I only see the /vm layer ...

----