Using fetch in http server that requires authentication

Adam Smith adam at internode.com.au
Tue Oct 5 00:26:35 PDT 2004

fetch http://renem:mhall\[\;\]@yoursnapserver.com/file.txt

> I also noticed the password contains special characters, but I don't know
> if they'll have to be escaped. Perhaps you do. Any idea? thanks.

They will.  I have escaped them by prefixing a \ symbol before them.  I
suggest after this post you change the password.  Even though you haven't
provided us with much more detail, posting a username and password and
saying "These are the credentials for our SNAP server" is a big security
risk, as someone evil might know you by name :)

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale: Eats lots and is fond of children.