problem with php mysql

Perica Veljanovski FreeBSD at euro.net.mk
Mon Oct 4 08:29:00 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I have trouble installing/configuring php with mysql support. I tired
installing the php5 interpreter WITH_MYSQL=yes from the ports, and when
I try to start a mysql_connect(); php syntax, i get:

Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in someFile.php on line N.

I tired installing mod_php5 (first i removed lang/php5) and the same
thing happens.
php.ini and httpd.conf are ok as far as I can tell :P But since I'm not
experienced in Apache/php configuration, I would appreciate some pointers
to where should I look for mysql support configuration.

I run on a cvsup-ed 4.7 to FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE (port's cvsuped allso)
I have:
mysql-client-5.0.0_2 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-5.0.0_2 Multithreaded SQL database (server)
apache-2.0.50       Version 2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.
mod_php5-5.0.0,1    PHP Apache Module
All installed from ports.

10x ahead.
--