ask for information

Simon Barner barner at gmx.de
Sat Oct 2 06:57:21 PDT 2004

Elwaleed Khafagy wrote:
> dear sir;
> i can not tell you how happy we am to use free BSD
> but i need some information .
> I am from egypt and our language is arabic , so our
> company really need to know how to make free BSD
> support for arabic .
> we have informix database on our server and sometimes
> we need to use arabic .
> would you please tell me if there is a way to make
> free BSD support arabic

This is probably not what you are looking for right now, but it might be
interesting anyways: AFAIK the GNOME desktop enviroment has support the
arabic language, which means that text is displayed properly form right
to left, and there's some sort of advanced text input technique, and
according to http://www.gnome.org/start/2.8/notes/rni18.html, most of
GNOME's base is also translated.

I don't know about other desktop environments, e.g. KDE, but I guess
that making similar efforts are under way.

Regards,
 Simon