mount ntfs (windows) file system in /etc/fstab fails at boot

Kevin Smith smithcam at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 30 10:31:26 PST 2004

Kris K. explained the problem earlier in the thread.

The correct entry in your /etc/fstab should be somethig like bellow. I
had a "2" in the 6th field (instead of "0" or leave it out); this causes
the file system to be checked on bootup which fails with the ntfs file
system. If you have this in your fstab, you should not need to mount it
in your rc files. Mine mounts automatically with no problem with the
following line:

/dev/ad0s1 /windows ntfs ro 2 0