three questions

Brian Bobowski bbobowski at cogeco.ca
Tue Nov 30 06:33:41 PST 2004

Eric Kjeldergaard wrote:

>>3) I change resolution for consoles as vidcontrol -g 100x37 VESA_800x600
>>green. Can I change rate? How to do it?
>>

>The rate of what?  I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this part.

Monitor refresh rate would be my guess.

>>Checking setuid files and devices:
>>Checking for uids of 0:
>>root 0
>>toor 0
>>

>A list of the people of have uid 0: root powers

And anything markes setuid (specifically setuid root? Not sure). A
possible security risk in that even nonprivileged users might be able to
use such a program to act as someone else, most dangerously as someone
with uid 0. In this case, there are no such files.

>No problem.  Hope I helped.

Some of this certainly cleared up things for me, I know; even though I
wasn't the original querent, thanks.

-BB