ftp login/password

Brian Bobowski bbobowski at cogeco.ca
Mon Nov 29 18:54:22 PST 2004

j p wrote:

>i'm trying to download freebsd via ftp. what is the login and password. how do i copy the files

Unless stated otherwise, an FTP site usually is set up for anonymous
FTP; login is(if your client doesn't know how to do anon sign-on built
in) anonymous and the suggested password is your full e-mail
address(though many people don'd do that). There's absolutely no way I
can help in actually getting the files without knowing what client
you're using; that's an issue to take up with the FTP software's
creators, not with FreeBSD, anyway.

-BB