Firefox-1.0_3,1 core dumps

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Mon Nov 29 17:54:53 PST 2004

On 11/29/04 01:42 PM, Robert Marella sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hello
>
> I not sure that this should have been sent here or to freebsd-ports.
>
> Firefox core dumps whenever I try to print, print preview or page setup
> on a secure site. When I am on an unsecure site such as freebsd.org I
> have no problem and printing is completed.
>
> If I am logged into my online banking or webmail or trying to print an
> order from tigerdirect.com I get a core dump.
>
> I have this happening on 2 different systems, both running 5.3 stable.
> On one I am using Gnome 2.8 and the other is KDE 3.3.1
>
> If I use a different browser such as epiphany I can print from these
> sites.
>
> I have no plugins installed and I went over and over my configuration
> and even tried changing things but the problem remains.
>
> The core dump is > 17MB so I cannot attach it..

I see this all the time.  Sometimes it's fine, other times it will
just dump time after time.  Very annoying.  This happens with systems
running cups and those running the base lpd, and on the FreeBSD 4.10
and 5.3 RELEASEs.

This was brought up here just after 1.0 was released, but applicable
to the pre-release.  It was suggested that 1.0 release fixed it, so I
upgraded the port right away.  First time I tried to print it blew up.
Apparently it wasn't fixed.

Other than this one annoying problem, I have to say Firefox is still
the best darn browser I've ever used.  Of course, I still keep Mozilla
installed so I can print . . .

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬