Printing to network printer?

Hauan, David david.hauan at fairchild.af.mil
Mon Nov 29 14:11:44 PST 2004

un-share the printer from the windows box.
add remove windows components -> other network file
and print services. Select print services for unix.

Install /usr/ports/print/apsfilter
in the apsfilter SETUP follow instructions for
adding a network printer and choose the appropriate
filter.

in essance your windows box is acting just as a print
server such as an hp jet direct card or print box.

This is my prefered way of doing things as it is less
overhead, IMHO
dave