802.1X

Yannack yannick_bre at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 29 13:41:20 PST 2004

Does anybody know how to have 802.1X on freebsd? I tried XSupplicant,
but it just won't build. This is what I did:
To be able to ./configure, I mounted linprocfs on /proc and then it
configured fine (I think... :this is the last line I get:
"config.status: executing depfiles commands"
However then, I tried make and this is the output I got:
Making all in src
Making all in cardif
make: don't know how to make ./Makefile.am. Stop
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/src/xsupplicant-1.0.1/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/src/xsupplicant-1.0.1.

Apparently, the freebsd support isn't availbale, so I am wondering if
anybody actually is able to have 802.1X on a laptop, and if so, how to
get there?
Thank you