Starting gconcat / gstripe at boot?

Mac Mason mac at cs.hmc.edu
Sun Nov 28 11:41:21 PST 2004

So, I have a pair of disks I'd like to put into a mirror with /usr on
them; this is 5.3-RELEASE, so using vinum is out of the question.

It looks to me like gstripe will do the trick; all that is necessary is
that the module get loaded before boot tries to mount /usr.

Can this be done?

(I also have a concatenated pair I'd like to use for something else, but
 it's not boot-critical, and I imagine answering one question answers both)

Thanks!

    --Mac

Mac Mason                                     mac at cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129
Harvey Mudd College