Custom Kernel

Rem Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Sun Nov 28 01:25:14 PST 2004

Okay, it turns out that I was editing the wrong file. Instead of editing
the configuration file that was in the /etc/src/sys/i386/conf directory,
I was editing the configuration file that I had redirected to a new
directory, as indicated by the handbook. I guess I was under the
impression (newbie!) that having created a symbolic link somehow allowed
me to edit the redirected file. Anyway, once I edited the correct
configuration file I was able to go ahead with the compilation and the
install. Everything worked perfectly, and the system rebooted without
incident---and faster.

Rem