ACL and tunefs

Kees Plonsz kees at jeremino.homeunix.net
Sat Nov 27 14:33:49 PST 2004

Adam Stroud wrote:

> I did not try that.  When I booted into single user more again and tried
> the tunefs -a enable / I get a messaged saying that acl was already
> enabled.  Strange.

The only hope for you is that the enable bit for acl was set, but
not yet read by the system. I think you have to reboot and then you
have a change that the acl bit is set and read.
Te best way is to have another freebsd system to set acl.
Or to choose another slice for your acl experiment.
The e-slice is easier to change, but its your choice....