I can not install FreeBSD 5.3 in an old Pentium 100 MHz

Ramiro Aceves ea1abz at wanadoo.es
Sat Nov 27 03:11:49 PST 2004

Hello dear FreeBSD friends.

I am Ramiro from Spain.This is my first post to the list. I am a regular
Debian GNU/Linux user, but I have been tempted to try FreeBSD. I have
installed it successfully on my 1200 MHz Athlon computer booting from
the CDROM drive and I like it, but I can not install it in an old
Pentium 100 MHz fujitsu computer. This old machine can not boot from the
CDROM, so I tried to boot with the floppies. I have prepared the 3
floppies several times and I stil can not install it.
I boot with the "boot.flp" floppy ok. I insert "kern1.flp" and it loads
ok. I insert "kern2.flp" and it loads ok. I was prompted to insert
"boot.flp" floppy again and it shows the logo screen with the booting
options. If I choose the default (with no acpi), the computers shudenly
restarts without being able to see any message. The remaining options
cause the same machine reboot. I can enter into the loader prompt.

¿What can I do?

Any help will be apreciated.

Sorry for my bad english.
Ramiro.