fsck inadequacies

Peter Hoskin peterh at criten.org
Fri Nov 26 15:33:07 PST 2004

I'm currently in the works of replacing a hdd in my server. fsck refused
to mount the disk at all, due to a bad sector in the wrong spot. I can
fsck it over and over again, yet it won't be marked clean.

Found the force option quite useful when mounting the disk, although
this is considered to be dangerous. mount has the force option with the
flag -f, or you can specify 'force' under the options column in /etc/fstab

Its worked a week for me, but please remember this is considered dangerous.

Regards,
Peter Hoskin