Why can't I mount a Video CD in FreeBSD??

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 18:54:34 PST 2004

--- James Hong <freebsd-ml at nightmaestro.com> wrote:

> isnt VCD another CDFS with MPG1 DAT files ?
According to the some people here, VCD isn't really a
file system. I don't know what Windows did to make it
visible in their file Explorer. The actual video file
seems to be located at cdrom:\mpeg\avseq(n).dat

> Why wouldnt it mount ?
I don't know, that's why I'm asking.=)Why?, Have you
tried it already?

> damaged CD ?
The movie played well in our VCD player.