cvsup to 5.3?

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed Nov 24 13:12:23 PST 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 12:38 pm, Damien Hull wrote:
> I'm using 4.10. How much free space do I need to cvsup?
>
> I had a lot of space until I installed KDE. /usr is down to 2.3G. If
> this isn't enough space can I move everything to another drive with
> more space in /usr?

Well, my /usr/src is 358 MB and /usr/obj is 326 MB. Your src is probably
already filled and it depends on whether you have ever updated your
system on /usr/obj.

Did you install KDE as packages or did you build the ports?. If you
built the ports, did you do a "make clean" when you got through. If you
didn't do the clean, you would recover space.

I have 2.7 GB of dist files and 1.8 GB of packages that I have built. If
there are new versions, you don't need the old distfiles.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA