Updating and installing programmes.

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 24 05:13:49 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Richard Chr. Farnes wrote:
> Could you please tell me which link I put into my supfile to update
> programmes and packages.

Not quite sure what you mean, but it should simply be a matter of making
sure that the 'ports-all' line of your ports-supfile is uncommented, i.e.:

    # The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
    # mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
    # collections,
    ports-all

running cvsup with this file *should* get you what I think you want.
Similarly,

    # The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
    # mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections.
    src-all

for the base system code.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're looking for?

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com