This is a cool shell prompt question

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 01:24:53 PST 2004

Good day!
 I'm just wondrin if its possible for me to run
applications at boot time but on another terminal. I
find it cool to have a huge digital clock (grdc)
running on background so that I can just shift to
another terminal whenever I want to know the time.
Actually, all I really want is a clock that is
continuously ticking whatever I may be doing(in
terminal window). I've already learned how to set my
prompt to multiple lines and also displaying my
current working directory. But now, I want it even
more informative displaying a ticking digital clock in
my shell prompt like the one i'm seeing in my kde
system tray right now.
   Is it possible?. Thanks.