Question about old FreeBSD versions

Adam Fabian afabian at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 23 18:45:57 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 03:47:23PM -0800, Peter Trinh wrote:
>I am working on some FreeBSD driver code that was written a few
>years back for FreeBSD 4.3. I already downloaded and installed 4.10
>(using FTP ISO image), but there have been so many changes in the
>kernel between the 4.3 and 4.10. As a result, I've had a lot of
>problems compiling the driver.

As others have mentioned, you can check out arbitrary revisions with
CVS.  You should probably check out RELENG_4_3, which is 4.3 with all
of fixes that were ever applied to it.  But, of course, 4.3 is no
longer supported, and there are probably known vulnerabilities, so
it's probably not a good idea to actually run FreeBSD 4.3.
--
Adam Fabian (afabian at austin.rr.com)