First start with Samba 3

v.demartino2 at virgilio.it v.demartino2 at virgilio.it
Tue Nov 23 07:26:36 PST 2004

After installing and launching samba 3.0.7 daemons under my postgresql FBSD5.3
stable server at office, I'm having trouble in connecting to whatever windows
share in the M$ LAN.

Here you are what's going on:
1) I can ping to my windows server srvs1.myco;
2) If I issue
    smbclient -L srvs1.myco -U myuserid
    pasword:****
it works and gives me the complete list of services and share (among them
../Data, what I need to share);
3) If I issue
    smbclient  //srvs1.myco/Data -U myuserid
    pasword:****
at the >smb prompt I can navigate into the dirs;

BUT if I issue

mount_smbfs -I srvs1.myco //myuserid at srvs1.myco/Data /mnt/smb
password:*****
mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Connection reset by peer

This error pops up.

Could you please help me, a poor samba newbie,  straight things up?

Thanks in advance

Vittorio