slow SSH access from another FreeBSD, but not from WinXP

I Nyoman Suka Ada sekali at kejadian.or.id
Mon Nov 22 11:29:22 PST 2004

Hi,
maybe this is more related to SSH rather than FreeBSD,
but thought I give it a shot here.

SSH-ing to my FreeBSD box from Windows XP seems to have no problem.
But when I tried SSH-ing from another FreeBSD/Linux systems,
the time delay between connecting and the "password:" prompt
is very long.

I googled this, read about placing some host entries on /etc/hosts.
But still, very slow. But the most interesting thing is that, why is it
not slow when SSH-ing from Win XP.
(I use putty in Win XP, and both ssh client and putty from FreeBSD/Linux
system).

anyone can point me for a hint?
Thanks alot,
Guido